The Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve is pristine and remote and the route takes runners through area inhabited by dangerous game. In view of this the hosts, Eastern Cape Parks, & Tourism Agency has limited the number of invitations to this event to 100 runners.
Entries are allocated as follows:
80% of entries are allocated on a ‘first-come first-served' basis; two of these entries being allocated to the previous years' first lady and first man as 'conditional entries'.
- 20% of entries are "Wild Cards" for use by the event partners.
Entries for the 2013 event will open during May 2013.
- This is a limited entry, pre-entry only event.
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Entries are not transferable. Runners may not transfer their registration or entry to any other runner.
- The organisers reserve the right to reject any entry at their sole discretion and are not required to provide reasons for their decision.
- Applicants will fill out an entry form and submit the completed form, together with confirmation of payment of the non-refundable registration fee before the closing date.
- The first registrations received (being completed Entry Form and Registration Fee deposit) will be invited to complete their entry by making a deposit of the race entry fee.
- Entry applications will be treated on a strict first-come-first-served basis.
- Should the entry fee not be deposited within the specified time period the entry and registration fee will be forfeited.
- The entry fee includes the runner's Eastern Cape Parks & Tourism Agency Conservation Fee and a contribution to the Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve Honorary Conservators Fund which will be used for the development and security of the Baviaanskloof Nature Reserve.
- If an applicant's initial registration is received after the allocated race slots have been filled the applicant will be advised that they have been placed on the Reserve List.
- The Reserve List is created by recording all completed registration applications in chronological order and noting those who did not receive an initial entry.
- Should a runner who has completed an entry subsequently not be able to run, applicants on the Reserve List will be offered such slots as they become available (subject to such entry closing date as may be advised).